Trip Application

Application for Troop/Group Trips

This is a form that is required by the Girl Scout Council of Greater Atlanta if your trip falls under the following guidelines. If you can answer "Yes" to ANY of these questions, you must complete an "Application for Troop/Group Trips":

bulletTrips of six hours or more (including travel time) including all overnight events on non-council sites
bulletTrips with activities that require trained/certified personnel or special equipment
All service unit camporees and encampments
        For approval of trip, fax this completed application to: 404-527-7508
        Or mail to: 1577 Northeast Expressway, Atlanta, GA 30329
Application approval timelines: (be sure to add extra time if mailing application)
bulletDay trips and trips of one or two nights at least one month prior to the trip
bulletTrips to visit the Birthplace in Savannah at least 4 months prior to the trip
bulletTrips of (3) nights or more, inside the continental US at least four months prior to the trip
bulletCruises and International trips follow timeline received in Cruise & International Trip Training(completion of training required before forms may be submitted for approval)
bulletNote: Refer to Council Guide for Volunteers and Safety-Wise before planning any activity or trip for
requirements concerning planning, transportation, security and required personnel and/or certifications.Transportation other than private passenger vehicles will be used

The "Application for Troop/Group Trips" is now available online.  To complete the "Application for Troop/Group Trips" (known as a "Trip App."), complete the following: (Instructions are also printed on the back of the pink copy)

  1. Complete the entire form (2 pages). Sign on page 2.
  2. Mail a copy to Council or give it to our Membership Specialist at the Service Unit Meeting(address is on the application.)

For each trip, you will need the following documentation:

  1. Completed Trip Application.
  2. "Travel Approval Form" and "Itinerary", for trips of three nights or more or for travel outside the continental United States.
  3. Is your trip 3 nights or longer? If so, additional insurance must be purchased through Mutual of Omaha.  Insurance form will be provided to you by Council upon approval of your "Application for Troop/Group Trips".
  4. Permission Forms
  5. Health Forms
  6. Driver & Vehicle Log

 Someone from council will probably email you to let you know if the trip is approved.